Peer-reviewed publications 1. Hollinsaid, N., Weisz, J., Chorpita, B., & Price, M. (in press). Gender minority youths' treatment outcomes across four randomized control trials of evidence-based practice. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. Preprint
2. Corteselli, K., Hollinsaid, N., Harmon, S., Bonadio, F., Westine, M., Weisz, J. & Price, M. (in press). School clinician perspectives on implementing a modular transdiagnostic treatment for youth. Evidence-Based Practice in Child and Adolescent Mental Health. PDF
3. Scheer, J., Breslow, A., Esposito, J., Price, M., & Katz, J. (in press). Violence against gay men. In A. Johnson & E. Lund (Ed.), Violence Against LGBTQ+ Persons: Research, Practice, and Advocacy. New York, NY: Springer Press.
4. Thrower, S., Helms, J., & Price, M. (2020). Racial dynamics in counselor training: Social interaction model. The Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision, 13(1). PDF
5. Price, M., Polk, W., Hill, N., Liang, B., & Perella, J. (2019). The intersectionality of adolescent discrimination and identity-based bullying: A person-centered examination of mental health and academic functioning in a U.S. High School. Journal of Adolescence, 76, 185-196. PDF
6. Price, M., Hill, N., Liang, B., & Perella, J. (2019). Teacher relationships and adolescents experiencing identity-based victimization: What matters for whom among stigmatized adolescents. School Mental Health, 11, 790–806. PDF
7. Price, M., Arditi, R., Olezeski, C & McMahon, T. (2019). Psychological assessment and treatment of emerging adults exposed to complex trauma. Evidence-Based Practice in Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 4, 273–295. PDF
8. Price, M., Olezeski, C., McMahon, T., & Hill, N. (2019). A developmental perspective on victimization faced by gender-nonconforming youth (pp. 447-461). In H. Fitzgerald (Ed.), Handbook of Children and Prejudice: Integrating Research, Practice, and Policy. New York, NY: Springer Press. PDF
9. Polk, W. Hill, N., Price, M., Liang, B., Perella, J., & Savitz-Romer, M. (2018). Adolescent profiles of marginalization and connection at school: Relations with academics and mental health. Journal of Research on Adolescence. PDF 10. Liang, B., Hill, N.E., Price, M., Polk, W., Perella, J., & Savitz-Romer, M. (2018). Envisioning a meaningful future and academic engagement: The role of parenting practices and school-based relationships. Psychology in the Schools, 55, 595–608. PDF
11. Hill, N. E., Liang, B., Bravo, D. Y, Price, M., Polk, W., Perella, J., & Savitz-Romer, M. (2018). Adolescents’ perceptions of the economy: Its association with academic engagement and the role in school-based and parental relationships. Journal of Youth and Adolescence 47(5), 895-915. PDF
12. Price, M., Spinazzola, J., Musicaro, R., Suvak, M., Emerson, D., & van der Kolk, B. (2017) Effectiveness of an extended yoga treatment for women with chronic posttraumatic stress disorder. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 23(4), 300-309. PDF
13. Price, M. & Skolnik, A. (2017). Gender identity (pp. 663-667). In K. Nadal (Ed.), The SAGE Encyclopedia of Psychology and Gender. New York, NY: SAGE Publications. PDF
14. Naste, T., Price, M., Karol, J., Martin, L., Murphy, K., Miguel, J., Spinazzola, J. (2017). Equine facilitated therapy for complex trauma (EFT-CT). Journal of Child and Adolescent Trauma, 11(3), 289- 303. PDF
15. Finn, H., Warner, E., Price, M. & Spinazzola, J. (2017) The boy who was hit in the face: The role of somatic regulation and trauma processing in treatment of preverbal complex trauma. Journal of Child and Adolescent Trauma, 11(3), 277-288. PDF
16. Price, M., Higa-McMillan, C., Kim, S., & Frueh, B. C. (2013). Trauma experience in children and adolescents: An assessment of the effects of trauma type and role of interpersonal proximity. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 27, 652-660. PDF
17. Price, M., Chin, M., Higa-McMillan, C., Kim, S., & Frueh, B. C. (2013). Prevalence and internalizing problems of ethnoracially diverse victims of traditional and cyber bullying. School Mental Health, 5, 183-191. PDF
18. Price, M., Higa-McMillan, C., Ebesutani, C. Okamura, K., Nakamura, B., Chorpita, B. F., & Weisz, J. (2013). Symptom differentiation of anxiety and depression across youth development and clinic- referred/non-referred samples: An examination of competing factor structures of the Child Behavior checklist DSM-Oriented Scales. Development and Psychopathology, 25, 1005-1015. PDF
Under review 1. Price, M., Weisz, J., McKetta, S., Ford, J., Lattanner, M., Reid, A., Hollinsaid, N., & Hatzenbuehler, M. (under review). Are psychotherapies less effective for Black youth in communities with higher levels of racism? Preprint
2. Price, M., Weisz, J., McKetta, S., Ford, J., Lattanner, M., Skov, H., Wolock, E., & Hatzenbuehler, M. (revise and resubmit). Cultural sexism moderates efficacy of psychological therapy for girls: Results from a spatial meta-analysis.
3. Price, M., Bokhour, E., Kaufman, G., Sheridan, M., Hollinsaid, N., & Olezeski, C. (under review). The experiences of gender minority adolescents and their caregivers in mental health treatment: A qualitative analysis. Preprint
4. Harmon, S.L., Price, M.A., Corteselli, K.A., Lee, E.H., Metz, K., Bonadio, F.T., Marchette, L.K., Rodríguez, G.M., Raftery-Helmer, J., Thomassin, K., Bearman, S.K., Jensen-Doss, A., and Weisz, J.R., (under review). Evaluating a Modular Approach to Therapy for Children with Anxiety, Depression, Trauma and Conduct Problems (MATCH) in school-based mental health care: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.
In preparation 1. Price, M., Hollinsaid, N., Skov, H., Bokhour, E., Kaufman, G., Sheridan, M., & Olezeski, C. (in preparation). A mixed methods examination of adversity and caregiver support in gender minority youths.
2. Price, M., Deonauth, T., Harmon, S., & Weisz, J. (in preparation). Youth psychotherapy engagement disparities across race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status in a community mental health setting.
3. Skov, H., Hollinsaid, N., Rith-Najarian, L., Weisz, J., & Price, M. (in preparation) Emotion regulatory systems and social-evaluative task performance in a racially diverse and clinical sample of youth (working title).